What the internet did to communication and networking, cryptocurrencies have been doing to finance since their inception. The world was treated to a new trading revolution as well, with Bitcoin and the several hundred cryptocurrencies being traded on crypto exchanges globally. Investors around the world have found crypto assets a sound investment decision. But their value extends beyond just trading. Cryptocurrencies, though volatile, offer a decentralized, transparent, and secure interface for a variety of financial uses. The hottest one on the block right now seems to be crypto-backed lending.
Crypto assets and lending
Lending and credit facilities have been traditionally offered by banks and financial institutions globally. The loans so offered:
- have to be backed by collaterals such as stocks, shares, gold, property and others.
- involve considerable formalities and paperwork
- are inflexible and
- accompanied by high-interest rates and penalties in case of non-payment
Courtesy the exciting era we live in, we’re witnessing a digital revolution in lending and payment practices as well. With blockchain tech and cryptocurrencies quickly becoming a popular and widely adopted mode of digital investment, conventional assets and stocks have a competition to deal with. Currently, the total value of the bitcoins in the world stands at $154 billion and that of the bitcoin together with other cryptocurrencies equals to $210 billion. The potential of these crypto-assets lies untapped and unleveraged hugely. There is tremendous scope for credit creation by using these crypto-assets as collaterals to get a (USDT) loan. This Avant-garde concept is becoming fast popular in the crypto circles but still at a nascent stage. Bitcoins and altcoins are fast becoming an alternate option as collateral for obtaining loans.
Unocoin, is India’s First cryptocurrency exchange trusted since 2013, seeks to harness the untapped leverage of Bitcoin. Which is why it’s launched a lending portal offering loans backed by crypto assets to its users. A pioneering name in crypto-trading, Unocoin’s new lending portal will form a quintessential part of its ecosystem helping its users to self-sustain their financial needs backed by their own crypto-assets.
What makes Unocoin lending a win-win deal?
Unocoin intends to grant loans in USDT and in INR to verified users against pledged collateral in bitcoin. USDT is stable coin (1 USDT is pegged to 1 USD) and if the users opt for INR, then it can be withdrawn to their bank account. Bitcoin has regularly outperformed itself with the exception of a few dips in its value and is the most seamless, liquid and universally accepted cryptocurrency. Loans backed by crypto assets powered by Unocoin score over the conventional borrowing routes helping the investors manage their investments, fund their expenses and even plan their tax routines using the customisable and easy-to-obtain loans. Let’s have a look:
- Quick and simple: Unocoin lending’s USP lies in the fact that it is not based on any P2P lending model where the users negotiate the terms of the loan with each other or attempting to utilize a network of brokers. It initiates the loan procedure through a secured dashboard exclusively available to its verified users instantaneously. Once verified, the users need to:
- Go to the lending section and transfer their BTC or enter the amount of USDT required to the lending account.
- The amount so transferred will automatically be used to fill the loan order for a new loan or pay the EMIs of an existing loan.
- The collateral amount (in bitcoins) required to get an x amount of loan in USDT will be greater than the total value of x.
- Customisable and Flexible: Borrowers have the option of paying their loan and interest in easy monthly instalments of 3 to 36 months. They can also go in for the flexible route and customise their own repayment schedule. Unocoin does not posit any restrictions on repayment time under the flexible option. The loans can be secured as a micro-finance by an individual or by a firm to procure funds. In case a borrower pays the loan early, no penalties are charged and the collateral is released immediately to the respective wallet. Multiple loans can be borrowed and kept active at a particular point in time.
- Transparent and secure: Banks and conventional financial institutions often involve hidden charges and high-interest rates, Unocoin lending does not involve any hidden charges. The loan to value ratio is explicitly denoted along with the interest rates once a verified user uses their BTC to be submitted as collateral, or the loan amount in USDT on their personal dashboard. User can enjoy real-time updates and notifications about their current loan status and value of the collateral. Unocoin, assures complete security to the verified user.
- Cost-efficiency and leverage: A crypto asset holder can use their assets to gain loans and enjoy the increase in the value of his assets. Since Unocoin lending involves cryptocurrencies as collateral, the ownership remains intact with the borrower. The user need not sell their holding and enjoy an increase in the value of their holding in future.
- Flexible usage: The loan amount can be withdrawn to be used for multiple purposes such as:
- To diversify the investments further and manage risks
- To trade on securities and cryptocurrencies
- To pay-off daily expenses or fund a vacation
- To close another loan with a higher rate of interest
- To fund a business
- To buy a home
Unocoin lending aims to synthesise the unsought benefits of cryptocurrencies besides trading. Through the simple yet effective interface, it intends to ease up the loan application process by making the users decide their loan amount and terms of repayment given the amount of the collateral. Bitcoin and blockchain, as disruptions in the IoT, initiated a digital revolution. Unocoin lending intends to further the revolution as a mainstream lending phenomenon to be adopted universally. When are you getting started?
P.S: We have a stable coin called TUSD that is being listed on our exchange with its wallet enabling customers to deposit and withdraw it. We will be sunsetting the TUSD on exchange and its deposit on 31st of March 2020. The withdrawals will be suspended by the end of April and our users are requested to withdraw their TUSD tokens before 30th April 2020.
Unodax, India’s leading blockchain and cryptoasset company is introducing 17 crypto-to-crypto trading pairs. As a trader, you may ask how should I buy cryptoasset in Unodax after the banks have stopped facilitating payments to cryptoasset exchanges in India. Unodax offers a solution through crypto to crypto pair trading.
This article is an introduction to crypto-to-crypto pair trading at Unodax.
Important terms which you should know before trading crypto-to-crypto.
Crypto-to-crypto trading pairs have a base coin and a quote coin.
Base Coin: Base coin or base asset is the underlying asset used to buy other cryptoasset. Base coin is similar to INR, which you use to buy any cryptoasset in an exchange.
Example: Consider BCH/BTC
In the above crypto pair, BTC is the Base coin which you used to buy BCH.
Quote Coin: Quote coin is the Cryptoasset which you wish to buy.
Example: Consider BCH/BTC
In the above crypto pair, BCH is the Quote coin.
Unodax offers 17 crypto to crypto pairs for trading with 3 base coins. Below is a list of crypto pairs which is available to trade at Unodax.
Crypto to Crypto pairs
Base coin: BTC
Base Coin: ETH
Base Coin: XRP
Fees Structure: Unodax collects fees based on a maker and taker model.
Maker Fees: 0.4%
Taker Fees: 0.6%
Note: GST is NOT applicable to Crypto to Crypto pair trading at Unodax
Integration of Unocoin’s exchange into the Blockchain wallet makes it easier for millions of Indians to participate in the digital currency ecosystem
Bangaluru, India — 7 September 2017: Blockchain, the world’s leading software platform for digital currency announced a strategic partnership with Unocoin, India’s most popular bitcoin exchange, that will allow individuals in India to seamlessly and quickly fund their Blockchain wallets.
The partnership between Blockchain and Unocoin gives users greater purchasing power directly within their Blockchain wallets without compromising user security or control. Historically, acquiring bitcoin has been a multi-step process with high fees, long settlement delays, untrustworthy service providers, and opaque identity verification procedures. This integration aims to eliminate that friction and make buying bitcoin more user friendly and more accessible for customers across India.
“Post demonetization, India became the fastest growing economy to witness a surge in use of digital wallets in daily transactions. The fondness for digital currency, especially bitcoin, has also seen a rise, attracting many users who want instant transactions. According to a recent report, 2500 Indians are investing in bitcoin daily, which makes India one of the top contenders for becoming the largest market for cryptocurrency. Keeping this in mind, we are partnering with Unocoin to bring in this digital currency to the masses,” said Nic Cary, Co-Founder and President, Blockchain.
Millions of Indians have already turned to digital assets like bitcoin as a reliable means to save and transfer money. In fact, half of Blockchain customers in India have used bitcoin to either send or receive money internationally. Today’s partnership between Blockchain and Unocoin represents the ongoing investment by both companies to bring digital currency to the masses.
“Blockchain is one of the most trusted companies in digital currency. We are thrilled to work together to provide users a convenient way to participate in the digital currency ecosystem and experience all of the benefits it has to offer,” said Sathvik Vishwanath, Co-founder and CEO, Unocoin.
Founded in 2011, Blockchain offers the largest digital asset platform in the world. The company’s wallet software has empowered millions of active users in 140 countries across the globe to transact quickly and without costly intermediaries, resulting in billions of monthly consumer transaction volume. Blockchain has over $70 million in funding from notable investors and is focused on expanding access to digital currency in emerging countries, like India. Initially available to web users, the company plans on expanding the Unocoin integration to mobile for Android and iOS users in the near future.
Started in 2013, Unocoin is a Bangalore based technology startup and is India’s first entrant into the bitcoin industry. The company operates India’s largest BTC-INR trading platform which enables Indians to buy, sell, store, use and accept bitcoin. Every month, Unocoin processes transactions worth more than INR 600M for its 400,000+ customers. In just 3 years since inception, the company has drawn more than 30 top investors from 5 countries. Unocoin is responsible for industry leading innovations such as the Bitcoin Systematic Buying Plan(SBP), Bitcoin Point of Sale (POS) App and Bitcoin Over-The- Counter trading (OTC). In September 2016, Unocoin has raised $2 million in a Pre Series-A round, the highest total raised for a digital currency venture in Indian history. Funding was sourced from well-known Indian entities such as Blume Ventures, Mumbai Angels and ah! Ventures along with prominent international investors such as Digital Currency Group, Boost VC, Bank to the Future, Bitcoin Capital, Huiyin Ventures and FundersClub to move faster towards its vision of Making Money Simple through its mission Bringing Bitcoin to Billions.
Blockchain is on a mission to build a more open, accessible, and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time. Thanks to its rapid expansion and position as the world’s most popular bitcoin wallet, the firm’s technology is revolutionizing the $13T financial services industry by empowering millions across the globe to authenticate and transact immediately and without costly intermediaries. (www.blockchain.com).